Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weekends still belong to the 909

I usually surf in the wee hours of the morning during the weekdays. But this morning (a Sunday) I slept in and felt the wind was still laying down, so thought I would get a quick surf in after the morning crowd had thinned out. I forgot....it is Sunday!! You know, the invasion of the inland empire to all Orange County beaches during the summer. Let's just say I saw enough monster trucks, Dickies, knee high tube socks, wife beater T shirts, huge, white sunglasses, Metal Mulisha stickers, and tattooed necks to last a lifetime. Dude, Dickies are cool and all, I wear them at work, but when your Dickies are 5 sizes too big and you need a belt to hold them around your thighs and to keep your boxers around the crack of your ass, probably not a good idea to jump in and play in the surf. Cuz when that life guard has to pull you out, your gonna weigh about 300 lbs with all that water they soaked up. Mr. Lifeguard tips the scales at about a buck fifty, soaking wet. Luckily for you, and unlucky for me, the waves sucked and the tide was swamping it out, and I caught 3 waves, and called it a day. No lippers to be had today.......unless you count the ones filled with Copenhagen.

2 comments:

Selase said...

That's funny you said that because I always expect that kind of crowd if I don't hit the dawn patrol's. Don't worry...school and winter time is just around the corner. :)

Murf said...

Oh man, I can't wait. Bring on those bis south swells and those Santa Ana's.