Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Family Surf Tuesday
In the words of our buddy Ice Cube, I'd have to say "today was a good day." Started when I met my brother at our usual surf spot at 6:00am (OK, I was late, 6:15, shoot me , it was a day off). We surfed fun, chest high peaks for about an hour, before he had to jet to work. No pics, did I mention I was running a bit late? From there, I drove home to eat breakfast and slurp down mas cafe. These Olympics are killing me, coverage til 12:30, then get up at 5:30 to surf!? Loaded up the wife, kid , and her friend, for a trip back down to the beach. C'mon wind, stay off it for a few hours....please. Had another surf in decent conditions. Back home for a nap? Nope, for some reason I got a wild hair you know where, and made a run to the hardware store to finally do something I have wanted to do for a while.....paint my boring, white surfboards. $15 in materials later, and not that much labor.....wallah:
Well, gotta jam, Michael Phelps has 2 races tonight....probably at midnight, then up at 5:30 to surf. I guess I will get all the sleep I need when I'm dead.....or at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment