Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summertime Flatness

You know when you are nearing the end of your surf session, and all of your buddies have declared, "Next wave in." Then they grab their last wave and get out. Once they are all on the beach, the entire Pacific goes dead flat, leaving you out there with nothing to ride in. Oh yeah, they will wait for about 5 minutes while you get more and more frustrated until you are steaming mad, and consider just paddling in. (never do that, it will ruin the rest of your day.) Ultimately, they always leave you out there and hike back to the truck. You sit out there praying for the smallest ripple to carry your fat ass to the beach, but nothing, Nada, bubkis, zero. Well, that's what the surf's been like for the last FOUR DAYS!!! AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!! If I hadn't got that last wave in Monday, I might still be out there.

2 comments:

Ian said...

I hear ya! there was actually some swell out there this morning--small but rideable. Definitely a perfect opportunity to try out a new fish...you know, if you happened to have one to try out...

Manana?

Surfsister said...

I'm even sick of "small but rideable". I've given up. I'll be in the pool tomorrow (making waves bigger than the ones out in the ocean).