I used to be a competitive swimmer, and water polo player, in high school. I was good, but not amazing. I was interested in the Olympic water sports only. I knew all the hype about Michael Phelps and his potential records, etc. It was cool to watch him kick every one's ass, including his own (his old world record) in the IM. Good for him. But last night we watched the 4x100 relay. You know the one the French were supposed to "SMASH" us in, and told every media outlet they would. Tell me you weren't on your feet screaming when Jason Lezak kicked Frenchies ass in the last 100 to give us GOLD.....I get goose bumps thinking of it (and that doesn't happen a lot). That race kept Phelps' gold streak alive, but look at his face, it was about so much more to him than that. Swimming is definitely not considered a team sport, and that is why this meant so much more!
If you cannot take something from that race yesterday and apply it to your life, whether it be your job, family, hobbies, whatever, you are not alive.
Well, OK, now I am totally hooked. Move over hon, make room on the couch. Go USA!!
No comments:
Post a Comment