While talking with the boys at work the other night, I once again wondered, "What happened to men?" When did men become so pussified? I look around the yuppie, beige, town in which I work, and can hardly find anyone that resembles the men our fathers were. I'm not talking Archie Bunkerlike men, but a happy medium between that and the buffoons television makes us out to be. Try watching any commercial nowadays and you will see a beautiful woman married to a dude that can't tell the difference between his ass and a hole in the ground. When did guys go from inventing and building everything to incapable, appletini drinking pansies? Women, I blame a huge part of it on you, not all, but a huge part. The divorce rate is now 66%. You know you are attracted to manly men that do manly things. You are attracted to a man's sense of independence. Most of you are even attracted to jerks. Don't believe me? Have you ever heard a woman refer to her ex, as anything but a jerk? Maybe an asshole or shithead. Did he just become these things overnight? It made me think of the ingenious marketing campaign by Miller High Life years ago, and how much I absolutely loved those ads.
Luckily, I met and married the woman of my dreams (Hi, Babe!). She was raised by men who were just these guys depicted in these ads. She grew up spending more time in a camper, than at home. Her mom found happiness, letting her man be a man. This is what my wife does. She is attracted to a MAN and understands we need to do certain things to remain that MAN. Many women are attracted to that MAN, but spend the next years nagging, yelling, beating all that MAN out of them. Really? You are no longer attracted to that pussified shell of a MAN he used to be? Go figure.
Classic, read his lips "Bitch"
Yeah, I fell victim to leasing a Scion, but more than made up for it with my next truck, maybe overcompensated a bit.....guilt.
What? No Starbucks..yet? Where to get your half caf de caf soy....blah, blah, blah?
And a little something for my brother. Sorry Bro..ha ha
I highly recommend checking all of the ads out at http://www.errolmorris.com/commercials/miller.html
No comments:
Post a Comment