Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So Many Waves, So Little People

And I don't mean the Lollipop Guild. I surfed Speedtraps today after taking Babygirl to school and running a few errands. Got to the beach about 10. I was hoping the higher tide would help the shape as of late. It was still sorta walled, but the wind was not too bad. Took out the new red rocket. I was anxious to see how she rides. Waves were plentiful, and there was no one out! When I say no one was out, I don't mean a couple of guys to share waves with....no one was out, surfed alone today. Hit the water and found out why...Hello Current.

The single fin surfs so much different from my usual suspects. It took a few waves to get the flow and rhythm going. She surfs much slower than my other boards, but you can surf so much higher on the face and in the pocket. I can't wait to ride it in some juice and some barrels. Definitely much more of a "styler" than an off the bottom, off the top type board. Surfing a bunch of different boards has really put a lot more fun to my surfing.

Saw a couple of dolphins cruise by super close, but not as close as a inquisitive, HUGE sea lion. Scared the crap out of me, he just popped up within arms reach. Usually not frightening, until you are all by yourself. Ahhh, small price to pay, I guess.

No comments: