After witnessing just how much Meghan and Dawn enjoyed snowboarding (Meghan especially, thanks Ian!), I decided to drop some coin on gear and set up both ladies with boards, boots, and bindings of their own. Needless to say, they were both stoked.

After the initial outing, I gotta say, I was more than a little jealous, bummed, confused, and disappointed that they picked it up so fast and didn't get to enjoy the pain I experienced from falling on my ass over and over again. How come I, who skateboards and surfs regularly, had such a painful first couple of sessions, and they just ease right into it. That was all about to change yesterday. Dawn can't move today. She repeatedly laughed at my 'Butt Padded' undershorts. She fell over and over again and decided it was beer o clock, before she fell again. Meghan fell repeatedly on her first run when it was icy and hard. She said to Dawn that this wasn't as fun as before. What the girls didn't know was that new snowboards with perfect wax jobs and factory edges are much faster and technical than rental ones that are used and beat up every day. By the end of the day they were doing great. Dawn said it was because she concentrated more, because she did NOT want to fall again! Luckily, spirits are still high, and Advil stock should soar.
Dawn Bunny Slope Summit from Sean Murphy on Vimeo.
Meg Bunny Slope Summit 1 from Sean Murphy on Vimeo.
Meg Bunny Slope Summit 2 from Sean Murphy on Vimeo.
And it wouldn't be a snowboard post without my ugly mug screwing around. Not long ago, the Bunny Slope used to make me sweat bullets. now I just get creative to keep the stoke. Girls will be shredding from the top of the mountain in no time.
Bunny Slope Fun from Sean Murphy on Vimeo.
3 comments:
New posty post
Yeah I get to see you guys having more fun!! Great job for the whole family. Can't believe Meggie wears a size 11 and is as tall as Ian!! Keep up the videos. I love them.
That's awesome. They obviously have hte basics down. They will be bombing Geronimo in no time!
Post a Comment