I got a call from an old friend the other day. I not only say 'old' friend because we have been friends since high school, but because he is going to be forty a few of months before me. Mark called me up to see if I wanted to surf, Ow, ow, twist my arm. Seems he is all moved in to his place in Huntington Beach. He successfully escaped the Inland Empire, where he was living, but as he says, not really 'LIVING' for the last five years. It's gonna be great to have him much closer and happier from now on. As we all get after not surfing for some time, he was a bit rusty. Seems years out of the water, and a knee injury incurred from the Seal Teams slowed him down a bit in the water and on a surfboard. But if anyone can snap back into it, he will. It's gonna be fun getting him back into the fighting shape we were in when we surfed almost everyday, took surf trips to Hawaii, Puerto Escondido, and Costa Rica, and 'owned' 56th street, Newport in the early 90's.
No comments:
Post a Comment