Thursday, January 14, 2010

We are getting hit with a pretty big swell today. Due to time constraints and a small window between dropping Meg at school and work, I did not have time to drive south to surf. Knowing the usual local haunt would be severely walled up and huge, I drove straight to Blackies. Yeah, that Blackies. The place where all the local longboarders go to catch their beloved knee high west swells. I figured it was one of the few places that could hold this swell. I was right, although not alone. Kinda crowded.
Been drunk there before
Tide was maxing out

A fun little in between sets wave


They were not all critical waves of consequence



One of the few of the old longboarders staking his claim, as we shortboarders took over their beloved spot today.

Blackies Peak 1-14-10 from Sean Murphy on Vimeo.

Looks kinda like mini Sunset Beach.

Blackies Air 1-14-10 from Sean Murphy on Vimeo.

The bigger sets were definitely coming in closer to 28th street jetty.


No comments: