Monday, my neighbor called to invite me for a last minute golf outing Tuesday to celebrate his Birthday with his brother and our other neighbor. I was thinking of an excuse not to go, until he said we would be playing at Eagle Glen. I absolutely love this course and it was always a favorite for Jimbo and I to play. So much so, we in the neighborhood spread some of Jimbo's ashes in a sand trap he routinely hit into, on one of his favorite holes. This was done at his request mind you. I think it was his way to watch every frustrated golfer that landed in that trap, considering how much he was repeatedly frustrated. We all had a great time, even though I couldn't buy a putt, but what else is new. Jimbo used to unite the neighborhood like no body else could, or has since. Looks like he did it again. Beers were drank, cigars were smoked, cuss words were shouted, and lies were told, just like when Jimbo was around.
9th hole, definitely a favorite
5th hole, first shot to fairway on left, second (or third) across ravine, to fairway on right

Overview of the back nine
Cinderella Boy
Overview of the back nine
2 comments:
What a great omage (tribute) to Jim. He is still playing with you on his favorite course. If someone is loved, they will always be with you in your thoughts and being able to share this with good friends and neighbors is so special.
Loved your swing, Sean. You look like a pro!!!
It truly looks like a great course! Good for you for remembering your good friend! That is the way he lives on! I loved your swing style! That and the beauty of the course almost makes me want to take up the game! I would love to hike Black Canyon with you guys (if you have the appropriate libations standing by!) Your surfing style is awesome! I want to surf again (I did when I was in my teens, actually not bad, but a longboard the size of an aircraft carrier! I have just one question. Is omage sort of like homage? Just kiding, even an omage to Jimbo is outstanding! Love, Me
Post a Comment