Sunday started as most Sundays do. Woke up at 5:00am, after going to bed the usual time (1:00am), surfed a couple hours with Ian, and coming home to nap for a couple hours after breakfast while Dawn went on her weekly hike with her sister. Upon returning home after the beach, I found a wife all dressed up and nowhere to go, as her sister cancelled on her at the last minute. "How 'bout we take the dogs to Dinosaur Hill and hike the entire thing from one end to the other?", I said without being able to think about how tired I was. So next thing I know, I'm trying to wrangle a couple of retrievers going ape shit, into the van. We started at the base of the hill (mountain, when your legs are as skinny as mine and Meghan's), and hiked farther than we ever had on this hill. Much like hitting your head with a hammer, it felt so good when you stop. Stopped by Ian and Michelle's for a quick rest before walking back to the van. Piper, Roxy, Molly, and Rusty played while I finished my bottle of Gatorade (disguised as a Corona) supplied by Ian (It's 5:00 somewhere...probably London) and weaseled ourselves into a BBQ invite at Ian's later that day....works every time.
The first incline is brutal, but the view is sweet
6 comments:
After coming out of the spa, Pipe is saying "where's the dirt, where's the dirt!!" Anyway he seems to be the only one needing to cool off after that trek. Good for Piper!!
I remember that hill. Didn't know its name, but Meghan and I climbed just a part of it one day when Mom and Dad were out of town and you guys were still living in the condo. Brings back great memories. Thanks for all the pics.
Why do they call it Dinosaur Hill? Did they find a T-Rex up there or do you just feel as old as a fossil when you're done?! I have my suspicions! I haven't seen it on the Science Channel!
It's called "Irish-Aide"...and I don't remember any protests...
Haha. Many years ago as they were excavating for the road through it, they found Dino fossils (not the Flintstone's dog). I don't think it is formally named that. Just we locals call it that.
Well Dinosaur is Greek for "terrible lizard." So some lizard probably scared some wimp up there that spoke Greek!
Irish Aide? Isn't that the series of charity concerts Bono put together to clean up the slums of Dublin?
Post a Comment