Thought I would just jot some things down, mostly to get that old post off the top of the page. I haven't really been blogging a lot lately, due to the fact I'm lazy and have found Twitter (the lazy man's blogger, where you have to keep your thoughts to 140 characters or less.) I deactivated my Facebook account....again. Two reasons, it is a fvcking time vampire, and I realized that I don't care what people I was forced to go to elem., middle. and both high schools were doing 25 years later. I knew some booooooring people. The last straw was when my prom date added me as a friend. Really? What the hell, I last talked to you in 1988.....at the prom! I also realize I am a hex on society. Every single person I knew growing up got fat and bald. I have to come to the conclusion that the only thing they all have in common is knowing me. To be fair, not all of the women are bald.
If you are interested in my silly, twisted, hopefully humorous, 140 character thoughts, you can see them at twitter.com/isurfalot You don't even have to sign up, although it IS pretty fun.
Anyway back to the randomness:
Meghan got her first progress report from middle school today. She got an A in drama. No shit Sherlock, She would have got an A+ if her teacher would have seen all the homework she does on a daily basis around here. I can't wait til aunt flo shows up around here. (her period, Mom.)
Waves have been epic the last few days. I just surfed Magnolia street during one of, if not THE, best combo swells ever. (Hi, Bro. See, Ian had work obligations and couldn't make it, but hopefully it will still be good tomorrow for the weekend warrior, I kid, I kid!)
We went to the auto show last night. Dawn is looking for a car for when we turn the truck in early next year. We are looking for something cheap, but nice. Something that will last for when Meghan starts driving in four years. Holy shit, Meghan is going to be driving in four years! Talk about upcoming drama. Dawn likes the VW Golf. It is small, manageable, gets good gas mileage, great warranty, included maintenance, and I like to play golf. Dawn drives her car so little, that the car she hands down to Meghan will be almost brand new. Her Murano was turned at the end of the 39 month lease with....wait for it.....11,000 miles. The leather wasn't even creased, and it still had new car smell! Meghan liked the Kia Soul, but I think that is just because the commercial had hamsters grooving to hip hop while driving through town. Love that marketing.
The other morning Dawn let Roxy out of her kennel at 6:00am to go outside and take care of business. About 6:10, Roxy came running in and lept, as she always does on the bed, waking me up. As she licked and licked my face between laps, and running circles all over the bed, I got quite a whiff of dog shit. I didn't think much of it, because Roxy has a tendency to eat a Piper nug every now and then, dog breath mints I guess. I asked Dawn to put her back in her kennel, so I could get the last half hour of sleep. Sniffsniffsniff I think I still smell dookie. Sniffsniffsniff Yep, dats dog shit!! So I did what every mature person would do. I yelled "SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT GODDAMN IT, I SMELL SHIT!" "Close your eyes, I'm turning on the light." Click, "OH FUCK FUCKFUCKFUCK!" There was dog shit all over the bed. Seems our little Roxy had to go outside, cuz she had the squirts, so bad she squirted it all over her tail, and then proceeded to thrash that tail around while rolling, pouncing, and running all over the bed. I have to publicly thank my wonderful wife, because she immediately took Roxy into the tub, grabbed scissors and washed and cut the offending substance out of her fur, while I grabbed a blanket and headed for the couch. She is amazing. I would have probably just thrown the dog in the spa, turned on the jets, and threw that in a bar of soap.
No comments:
Post a Comment