Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dodged a Bullet...er..Fin

Sitting out in the water this morning, I was thinking I would title this post 'Groundhog Day'. Everything was identical to yesterday, waves, weather, but the crowd was a bit heavier. That was until I took off on a pretty good head high wave, and saw a guy on the shoulder paddling for it. Well, he caught it, late, but he caught it alright. I jumped off my board, dove away from the inevitable crash, surfaced to find my session had just come to a close. I gathered my board, yes the same one I was fawning over in yesterday's post, to find this: that black fin is not supposed to be in my board. Funny, he never asked for it back.
Bottom

NOM NOM NOM NOM


So that's how my day has been going so far. No, I didn't kick his ass. Yes, I was pretty bummed. No, nobody got hurt. Yes, I feel really fortunate it was only my board.



No comments: