Monday, July 13, 2009

BBQ Time

I've been staying pretty busy this summer so far. With Magic Mountain, Palm springs, and surfing almost every day, throwing down the first BBQ of the summer was a no brainer. Good call, Dawn. We hosted Ian and Michelle, Robin and Jason, and the Van Meter clan. Weather was in the 90's, but the beers were in the high 30's. We feasted on ribs, chicken, strawberries, brownies, Mexican beer, Tequila, wine, and Jack Daniels. It's been a while since I have been in school, but I DO believe those are the eight basic food groups the human body needs to survive. Food was great, music was rockin, libations were enjoyed, and the company was even better! Murphy Chicks
While their kids were away, these two know how to play. They crammed more fun into a day and a half than I thought possible.





Michelle and Robin pose, while Sean plays with his meat.


Glad we could coax Mark and Kim out of Corona...speaking of Corona, sure I'll have one.



Jason and Meghan




All right boys, time to suck it in! 1..2..3..now!

I admit I don't know much about white wine, but when a guy like me, sees a wine like this, SOLD! Marketing geniuses! So many puns, so little time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like great fun for everyone.

Ok -- the Murphy boys have sure been pumping iron -- or is that pumping surf??

Murf said...

I would have to say surf for me. I am alergic to the gym. I know Ian goes to the gym when the surf is bad. Luckily for me, it's never THAT bad.