Sunday, May 31, 2009

Random Updates

1. The sun has not come out in a week. May Gray has given away to June Gloom right on schedule.

2. It seems like I haven't surfed in ages, although it has been only since Wednesday (4 days ago), but we have not had waves for over a week.

3. Dawn: Should we invest in some Blue Chip, Dow Jones stocks like General Motors or something?

Sean: Nah, I say we take our money and buy a bunch of surfboards.

Dawn: ....and you have a degree in financial planning, huh?

Sean: You're right, I'm going to need a new wetsuit too.

(Come Monday, when GM files bankruptcy, I will once again, be proven a financial genius!)

4. NBA proves again this year to be a pizza guy's best friend. No professional sport boosts business like the NBA playoffs. Thanks Kobe, Thanks Lebron. I am going to be a little bummed out during the NBA finals this year. It was much better watching the Lakers play in the finals from the bar in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. It made losing a little easier to take when you could wash it off in the 80 degree Pacific, surfing great waves.

5. The garden is booming. The first picture is right after planting.

Same angle this morning
The seed packets said to grow them at least 3 feet apart. Yeah right. Prolly should have taken heed.


I built a 8'x4'x12" garden box out of redwood. This is for my peppers and chilies only. I have a great variety.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The garden looks great. What did you plant? If you planted tomatoes they should be awesome, but hate the green wormy bugs that always show up!!

Keep up the good work. Love Mom