I thought I would dedicate Monday posts to some of my favorite movie scenes. You know, when I used to go to the movies and watch 'real' films. For the last 11+ years it has been kid friendly crap after kid friendly crap, if we actually go to the movies at all. I miss the movies. Nowadays it is too easy to sit in the Lazy Boy, grab a beer, throw in a Netflix, order an on Demand, or watch a film from my collection. Not a bad thing mind you, but even with the best home theater system, it is just not the same as the dark, loud, sticky floored, overpriced, cinema experience. I loved the movie theater experience. Going into the theater while the sun was still shining, and coming out after sunset, watching an entire movie with out distractions, eating Milk Duds, popcorn, and a gallon of soda (C'mon, when are you gonna let yourself do that at home, it aint right. But, if you are out at the movies and it is pitch black, it seems reasonable, right?), are all thing I have been missing lately in my cinema experiences.
I just watched one of my favorite war films the other night, Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket. There are so many great scenes in this film, but short of posting the entire film, I grabbed two. These are definitely not suitable for the office.
1 comment:
Glad I missed this movie!! Speaking of movies, we saw Star Trek in IMAX. It was fantastic. You should go see it. Really good effects and great acting too.
Post a Comment