Sunday, February 13, 2011

Seany Boy

"Be careful on the inside. There is a super shallow sandbar. Whatever you do, don't dive headfirst off your board." is what I said, you guessed it, a minute before I dove headfirst off my board into the sandbar right in front of Ian. After spitting out an entire mouthful of sand, the first thing I did was check my mobility and number of teeth, both were still with me (mobility AND teeth, I do have more than two teeth). I paddled over to Ian to have him assess the damage, as my entire left side of my face was numb and lip swelling. "Little blood, but no biggie." he said. I think he wanted to keep surfing, since he had to travel all week. He did paddle away from me, and my shark chumming bloody nose. I surfed some more, got out, changed, rode my bike up the trail, and checked my look in the mirror. WTF?! My nose and eye was covered in blood, lip swelled up, and cheek skin erased. I immediately thought of the first half of this scene from Tommy Boy.








- it's not so bad after cleaning it up on the second day.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. What did Dawn say when she saw you?????

Anonymous said...

"no biggie". EXCUSE ME Ian. Looks pretty bad to me! I thought it was great you two were buddies while surfing so you could help each other. This doesn't give me a lot of confidence of that!!

Unknown said...

I will tell you guys the REAL story when I see you later today...

Murf said...

Dawn is used to it. She rolled her eyes and laughed. And this was before I cleaned it up, when it was covered in blood. I was exagerating about Ian's reaction for humors sake. A week later, and I'm healed like a superhero. Ian had my back, but that's not funny.