Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Let it snow

I have officially added snowboarding to my ever growing list of hobbies. You 'officially' add it when you buy your own gear. I have boarded (what we in the know call snowboarding) three times in my life, the first time two years ago in Mammoth, you remember, when I swore I would never, ever do it again, because I got my ass handed to me by runs that were way to advanced for good boarders, let alone a greenhorn like me. Now healed after a couple of years, I've gone twice locally, and am amazed how well I'm doing when I take it a bit slower and use the runs a beginner should use (as opposed to throwing myself off a cliff and letting gravity work it's magic). Oh, I still suck at it, but progressing pretty quickly. The best thing about a surfer becoming a snowboarder is the fact I don't get super depressed when winter rain is in the forecast and the ocean is unsurfable. I've got Mother Nature surrounded.





Snow Summit chair 2


Heading back up after my first zero fall run.


The view from the top is pretty sweet too.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: