Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bye Bye Shorty

This is the year I will embrace 39 and put the chippy shortboard high in the rafters, so it is not so easy to get to when the waves are non existent-two feet high. This is the year I face the fact I probably will not join the world tour, and should focus solely on having fun in the ocean. These days I find myself looking longingly, and salivating over fishy shapes, eggy shapes, mini simmons, and even (gulp) longboards. I remember 1990, when I rode a 6'x17-7/8x1-7/8. Damn you Mr. Slater. Now, eighteen years older, and few dozen pounds heavier, that will just not do.

**********************************************************************************

On a side note, after too many Jack and Cokes, or not enough, my brother and I were looking up surf porn on You Tube the other night while, our families were occupied with the WII. By the way, my drinking age on the WII fit is 55, sober the next day, back to 39. How does it know..seriously? Did you know just three degrees of separation from anything you look up on You Tube, is "Hot Chicks Shooting Guns"? Really, we tried it over and over. "Related Videos" is a helluva drug!

Everyone have a great 2009!

1 comment:

Coachdad said...

Love surfing YouTube while drinking Jack and Cokes...great post once again.