With the lack of swell forecasted, this guy and I are about to get to know eachother very well over the next few days.
One of the drawbacks of participating in such an activity with such solitude is the fact you always get the last song that you heard playing over and over in your head, for as long as you are out there in the water. It's even worse when you are surfing alone. So when I heard this song come on the radio as I was three quarters of the way to the beach, I turned the radio off right after it ended. It seemed like the perfect song for my upcoming session at the River Jetties. And the fact it is one of my favorites.
On the drive home, tired not only from the two hour session I just had, but from the four hours surfing and the ten hour workday yesterday, this song came on the radio. I have always loved it but something was different today. It seems as I get older, and for lack of a better word, mature (gasp, I know.) Song lyrics take on new meanings. What once was something you just sang along with, one day becomes much more meaningful. This is one of those songs. Enjoy.
SIDENOTE: Thanks to 100.3 The Sound for the tunes this morning. I just found this radio station, and you can almost always count on quality tunes on it. With so much musical technology at my disposal, it means nothing if you can't put it all together correctly, and it is nice to see a radio station do just that, and not play the same fcking songs every GD hour.
On the drive home, tired not only from the two hour session I just had, but from the four hours surfing and the ten hour workday yesterday, this song came on the radio. I have always loved it but something was different today. It seems as I get older, and for lack of a better word, mature (gasp, I know.) Song lyrics take on new meanings. What once was something you just sang along with, one day becomes much more meaningful. This is one of those songs. Enjoy.
SIDENOTE: Thanks to 100.3 The Sound for the tunes this morning. I just found this radio station, and you can almost always count on quality tunes on it. With so much musical technology at my disposal, it means nothing if you can't put it all together correctly, and it is nice to see a radio station do just that, and not play the same fcking songs every GD hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment