Babygirl had a Volleyball tournament yesterday. Unfortunately, I had to work. Dawn was awesome enough to film every play, Meghan was in, for me. She hadn't been getting a lot of playtime last tournament, but after a few scrimmages and private lessons from her coaches, they decided to give her a chance to prove herself. I've said it before, she is quite a bit less experienced than the rest of the girls on her team, having only played one year for a shitty coach.
I was excited to see the footage and how much she played! I whittled the footage Dawn took down to just Meg's highlights and it's still almost six minutes! She is playing soooo much better, and Dawn and I couldn't be happier. Her coach was really pleased about her play and said it was the best she had played yet. Coach just wants her to get more powerful, but is stoked at her progression.
Compare that to this taken less than a year ago at the end of her first season last June (9 months ago). Hey, it's my blog. I'm gonna brag, haha! And yes, the net is the same height in both videos. Earning her nickname, given to her by her teammates "THE BEAST"
Although, just for the record, we were proud of her then too.
No comments:
Post a Comment