I stumbled upon this today. 1966. Dad, sit back and enjoy the stroll down memory lane. I got chicken skin watching it. There is something about songs and different smells that take you right back, and let's you remember everything going on the first time you heard a certain song. This song reminds me of getting shuttled around in Mom and Dad's various VW's, with their Lo-Fi stereo systems. An older lady came into the shop the other day with waaaay too much perfume on and my employees were gagging after she left. I, on the other hand, stood there trance like. It was the same perfume Mrs. Farmer, my Kindergarten teacher wore, and I could imagine every detail of the classroom, all the Dick and Jane books we read in a circle on the floor, the playground, how excited and scared I was just to walk to the office by myself while classes were in session, and no other students were in the hallways. Nowadays I can't even remember where I left my god damn keys the night before. But I digress. Just thought of Mom and Dad when I watched this, see if it brings any memories to you.
On a side note, I might start to sound old, but why does today's music suck so bad? I tried, but cannot imagine one new song on the radio today that will hold up forty four years from now the way the music of the 60's and 70's do. I've already watched this clip half a dozen times. Nostalgia is like a drug.
2 comments:
Only 2 guys with one acoustic guitar. Hey, if Art and Michael Bolton had a kid, it would be Tom Cruise.
I knew that song after 3 or 4 notes on the guitar, and could remember about 1/2 of the words. Boy did that take me back. So glad you like that one too. It is odd that so many songs and smells bring back memories. I hear songs from the early 60's and remember who I was dating and where I was. You are right, the songs of today sure won't hold up years from now. Maybe because you can't even understand the lyrics. We aren't getting old, we just have more memories to fill our brains!!
Post a Comment