Friday, September 4, 2009

Random Rants from the OC Huppy (Hippie+Yuppie)

Let me preface this by stating that I am the least political person I know. I am a really easy going guy, that doesn't get ruffled that easily. I am neither Republican nor Democrat, because with my crazy, common sense beliefs, neither party would have me, I consider myself an independent free thinker, I know it sounds strange, but once you grasp the concept, you will love the freedom. Here are a couple of things that have given me the 'WTF?!' reaction lately.

  • I believe drugs should be made legal. Any OC housewife can get Oxycontin, Vicodin, Xanax, Percoset etc. at the drop of a hat, but if somebody wants to smoke a little weed that grows anywhere he is considered a criminal. WTF?!
  • I think it is a conflict of interest to allow insurance companies to sell shares of stock. If you think about it, any successful business' goal (especially one with stockholders) is to increase their bottom line. To do this, all an insurance company can do is collect premiums, and deny claims. The most successful insurance company is the one who charges the most and pays out the least. Dawn's health insurance for our family went from included....to now having to pay, out of her check $600 a month. That's $7,200 a year, as long as we all never use the insurance. Are those really considered 'benefits'? WTF?!
  • To those that oppose socialized medical care, I hope that poor kid with the highly infectious disease that can't see a doctor, but 'walks it off' instead, doesn't infect your kid on the playground. WTF?!
  • Do you think most Doctors really get into it for the money? There are easier ways to make a buck, I believe if they didn't get paid so much, we might actually lose a majority of the quacks out there, and be left with those individuals that actually want to help people. I know, what is the color of the sky in your world, Murf?
  • This morning I heard that people are going to keep their kids home from school during President Obama's lesson plan. I agree, who wants to have an intelligent conversation with their kid at the end of the day about what was said at school that day. Better to shield them from any opinions that might be different than yours. The ostrich, head in the sand, approach is always the best way to protect your kids. Because we all have the same opinions as our parents, right? WTF?!

What's burning your asses?

2 comments:

Ian said...

Dude, I totally agree with you about legalizing pot, but I don't know about ALL drugs. I don't know if there are many "functional heroine users" out there.

I am LIVID with the A-hole Republican parents that are "outraged" that Obama wants to talk to our children! Almost every one of them has been quoted as saying something along the lines of "I don't agree with any of his policies and I don't want him brainwashing my child with them"...that's a big WTF??? The President of the United States wants to tell my kid how important school is and getting good grades? I'm in!!!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, but haven't thought about those items as much as you, but since you brought them up -- I agree. Sorry about the $7200 out of Dawn's check. That SUCKS. we are having the same problem in HI. Thank heavens we have the "Federal" plan like the Congress?? I see no problem giving everyone another health care program to choose, except if it is run like Medicare where the doctors can choose to NOT take you as a patient. The Health Care situation in the U.S. is broken and SOMEONE has to take the initiave (sp?) to change it. I can't stand -- again the Republicans -- who are putting out lies about killing the elderly, you won't' get better or the same care, etc. etc. etc. The rest of the civilized countries, especially in Europe, are doing fine with "socialized" medicine. We aren't even offering that -- just another opportunity to lower health care costs.

I am also livid with the HI Dept. of Transportation having not a brain cell working. They have closed off the main off ramp to Kapolei before opening the new one "North South Road", so the traffic is tremendous through Kapolei just to get onto the on-ramp on the other side of town.

These are a few of the things I am upset about. I am sure I can relate more when I think about it.

Love Mom