So I immediately started composing the list of errands to run, and chit to get done today. "Good news Babe, I can get all those things done you wanted over the last week, the surf is finally crappy." "I won't hold my breath."
Fast forward to this morning when I hear from the living room as I prepare my coffee to wake my ass up to take our daughter to school. I hear Good Day LA's weather hottie, Jillian 'Huge Cans, Short Skirt' Barberie say "It looks like a perfect day today throughout the Southland. High pressure, warming trends"...and a lot of other things she doesn't understand, but can read off the teleprompter, but hey, she looks hot, and that is basically her job.
I guess it wouldn't hurt to throw a board, towel, and wetsuit and check it out after driving the morning elementary carpool, right? Could my surf forecaster really be trumped by bubble head the weather girl? Not likely. As I drive beachward, I pass limp flag after limp flag. Stacks are blowing steam my second favorite direction, straight up. Pull into the lot to find an amazing small amount of cars, and proceed to surf for two hours of wedgy, glassy peaks with only a few regulars out.
Surf forecasting, what ever happened to driving down, check it out, if it's good..surf, and if it sucks, you still get to get to dine on eggs and pancakes served by the pretty girls at Cappys.
From now on, I am going to employ the weather rock we pilots have become so fond of.

Oh yeah, and Babe, I'm sorry about those errands. Looks like I'm making dinner AND cleaning up tonight....but it was totally worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment