After years of complaining that we don't have any decent pictures on the walls here at the homestead, my wife finally called my bluff and got me this kick ass camera to shut me up. I had had it with the little ' point and shoot, then put it in your back pocket' style cameras. We have been through plenty of them, trust me. So I am making my way into actually decent photography with this little number, an Olympus Evolt 510. It is an intro to the world of DSLR (digital single lens reflex) and hopefully a bunch of cool pics to come. Also, I'm getting frustrated looking at all the really sweet pictures on all the surf blogs, and thought I should bring something to the party.
This photo taken by crappy back pocket camera. If it was taken with camera seen here, it would have been much bitchener.
shot a couple of pics of the Red Dragon with the new camera to test it out. So much to learn still, as it is quite a leap forward, tech wise.
"I took the restrictor plate off the Red Dragon, so she's not exactly street legal. We'll just keep that on the 'Down Low', OK?"
--Frank the Tank, 'Old School' circa 2003

No comments:
Post a Comment