My wife is the best though. She never says no. Usually doesn't question my reasons or motives. Although she has the eyeroll down to a science, she has perfected it. She can also do that thing where she raises only one eyebrow, it's awesome. So when she noticed my lack of current project, coupled with more and more time on the laptop, and grumpy disposition lately, she asked, "So, what's your next project going to be?" Should I tell her? After all, I don't even know if I can, or am going to, undertake this one. Fuck it. "I'm going to shape and glass my own surfboard...here...in the garage! Isn't that going to be awesome?" Wow, look at that, the elusive eye roll combined with the single eyebrow lift! I have NEVER seen both at the same time.
I could always glass it right now and call it a day.
Here Fishy, Fishy,Fishy.
First, draw your template and cut it out.
Easy part is done. Kinda looks like a surfboard, so I'm on the right track.
Wow, look at that rail edge, nice and sharp. I haven't even started to shape and it is already thinner than my 6'5" rocketfish.
It's still quite early in the process, but I will go out on a limb and say Al Merrick really has nothing to worry about.
That's as far as I can go now. I have to build a couple of stands for shaping and glassing. I also have to build a replica of Dexter's kill room to try to keep foam and dust at a minimum. This is something I have always wanted to do since high school, but never thought I could. I still don't know if I can, but hey, I still get to make a huge mess, and isn't that what it really is all about?
3 comments:
Awesome!!!!
And definitely glass it yer self.
You will be stoked that first time you pop up on your homemade.
dude, make it 6'2", 22, 3, quad and I will totally buy it!!
It is probably going to be a 6'1" x21.325849 x 2.9673249 (in some spots) by the time I get done with it. And can you really consider it homemade if you DON'T lam and glass yourself? That nightmare is right around the corner.
Post a Comment